Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hi Again

It has been forever since I have been able to get onto the computer and blog! June has been an incredibly busy month. I will slowly, over the next couple of days, go over all the things that have been happening, but I am not going to do it all at once because it ends up becoming a long, long blog. So, I will start by saying the obvious, Brian and I just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. Boy, I cannot believe it has been 10 years already! It seems like we were just walking down the aisle. I am so blessed to have meet Brian way back when up at FSU. From the start I knew that there was something special about him. Even though we met briefly at orientation and then went our separate ways (he to VA and I to South Florida) I always remembered him that entire summer as if he had been a part of my life forever. Our chance meeting the week before school in the cafeteria was like meeting up with an old friend. I was blessed to be his friend for two years and then even further blessed to begin dating him. I am amazed and thankful every day that God sent this wonderful, caring, considerate man into my life to be my husband. He is a wonderful father and husband and I look forward to many more anniversaries to come. We went to Amelia Island for a short weekend. Grammy was willing to take Savannah for us for the weekend so we could have some alone time. It was nice to get away but we are finding it harder and harder to leave her behind :( She is becoming more aware of the fact that we leave and we are missing her more and more. We stayed in a nice B & B called Hoyt House. We enjoy it because it has a beautiful pool in the backyard that we enjoyed sitting by and reading. We didn't think to get any pictures, so I do not have any to share of the pool. It is also nice because it is right at the end of the "historic district". We enjoyed taking walks each night through the little city area.



As soon as we returned Savannah started a week of vacation Bible school and I started to prepare for my parents 50th wedding anniversary party. I painted two hallways and Savannah's room (mainly because Savannah was out of the house for 3 1/2 hours each morning) and I had tons of running around to do. On Thursday I told Savannah we would go to Lucas (local nursery) and pick out some flowers to plant in the front yard. We have needed to do this for a long time now but I just got around to it. So, I picked her up at VBS armed with a PB & J for her to snack on and off we went. There was a lot of negotiation involved (Savannah felt we needed one of every flower) but we finally decided on purple, pink and yellow (of course). We got home, finished up lunch, and then got to work. I started with trying to let Savannah dig the holes. Well, that didn't go over well (she isn't really accurate) so we changed to me digging the holes and her doing pretty much everything else. The first picture is of her putting the plant food into the hole. I taught her how to pull the containers off of the bottom of the plant and then she would place them in the hole and pat the dirt down a bit. There was only one casualty (she decided to pat the entire plant down instead of just around the base). All in all, we had a good time. Oh, and an added benefit, it has rained every day since then so I do not have to remember to water them :)

No comments: