Friday, August 8, 2008

Is it Bleeding?

I thought I would give an update on the last few days. On Wednesday, after Savannah's second swimming lesson, we met some friends at the pool. Savannah has carried on the title of "fish" from when I was little. She is a pretty amazing swimmer. She can now swim to the bottom of the pool by herself and swam almost 100 feet by herself across the pool. Her new swim instructor Zoe has been with Savannah on swimming on her back. She is doing very well. Especially since she would not do this with me at all. The main reason I really wanted her in class this summer is to start learning strokes. She told me the other day that she did not need to go to swimming lessons because she already knows how to swim.

After swimming at the pool, we headed home for a day of rest. We stayed home, had lunch, relaxed, watched a little tv, played some and just spent time together. After a while I decided we needed to get out so we took the dog for a walk. Savannah got herself ready: shoes, socks and her ninoculars (binoculars for those who are not use to speaking Savannah). She was so cute :) She would crawl right down on top of something (thoroughly defeating the purpose of having binoculars) and check it out. Then, I learned a lesson. Next time I take her on a walk I need a bag. She, being 4, had to collect every single thing she observed. After the interest of this ran out, she then decide to race herself. She would crouch down, say "get ready, set, go" and run. Well, after a few times of this, she ended you falling. She curled up and grabbed her knee and seemed ok. Then she asked if it was bleeding. Well, once she saw that it was she started screaming! Well, really just crying but I was trying hard not to laugh because she was fine until she saw the blood. I had the dog with me and could not carry Savannah so she had to limp all of the way home. She was fine, mind you. No child abuse going on here :) Once we got home we had to have a little mini surgery going on. We cleaned it up and put Hydrogen Peroxide on it. She thought that was really cool. She liked watching the bubbles. Maybe she is a future doctor or nurse. She was excited about getting to have a really big band aid on her knee.


Today we went to visit another friend at a different pool. We got down there and the pool was closed until noon because someone the day before had an "accident" in the pool. So, we had to wait 1 1/2 hours to get in. There is a really nice park right next to the park so they had a good time playing while we ate. However, I told Savannah we would go into the pool after lunch so every 15 minutes she asked if we could have lunch :) Well, we finally got into the pool and 10 minutes later they had to close it because of thunder. Needless to say, we gave up at this point. As I was driving home I drove through some horrible storms. I got up to the final road and there was debris everywhere. It just happened to be right by my brother's house so I called to ask what happened. He was like, "well, it rained and there was some wind". Well, for anyone in this area, if you saw the news report about a house in the Oviedo area that had a tree go through the roof, that was two houses down from my brother. Hmmm, some wind and rain, huh? :) There were 35 mph winds going through. Many trees down and stuff everywhere. They were fortunate because a tree limb fell on their brand new huge screen in the backyard but it did not puncture the screen. Anyway, the news was there and everything. Well, we got home and Savannah decided she needed to get dressed for the weather. Well, she has a bathing suit on, rain boots and a "Santa" hat. Hmmm...not sure what weather she is getting prepared for.

And, last but not least, tonight is the first night of the Olympics and I have been thoroughly enjoying the opening ceremonies. I think that China has done an outstanding job. I love to watch the Olympics. I joke that you would think I was more athletic. However, although I am not very athletic, I do know what it is like to train (practice) hard to do something well. What I really love about the Olympics is seeing these people who have worked so hard to get there finally get to compete at a venue that is, for many, the reason they are in their sport. The creme de la creme for them. I wish them all luck and pray for their safety while they are away.

1 comment:

4 is More said...

That picture of Savannah is too cute! Sounds like quite the storm. I love the Olympics as well and am chomping at the bit to watch more.

We will be there tomorrow, but I would LOVE to have a playdate this week!