Thursday, August 21, 2008

Savannah's Real First Day of School

Savannah had her first day of PreK today. She was very excited. She picked out her outfit and had an added benefit of having a friend go with her to school. Here is a picture of her all ready to go:

I know, great expression. Unfortunately, it is the only one I have :( However, I would like for you to take note of what is in her right hand. Yes, that would be an umbrella. Now, I remind you that the reason Savannah's first day is today instead of Tuesday was because of Seminole County canceling school due to Tropical Storm Fay. Well, we had no school Tuesday and Wednesday and pretty much ok weather. Really not even much rain and no wind. Well, last night it started to get really windy and rainy. It pretty much has been raining since. At one point today they said that it had rained 13 inches today in Oviedo. It has been a few hours of constant rain since then. I have no idea how much rain we have gotten. And the weather is just getting worse. I think that Fay has just turned around and is coming back. I can't keep up with the reports because they change so much. They really do not seem to know what the storm is doing. Well, needless to say, there is no school again tomorrow. I have never been in a storm that stuck around like this! Enough already. One good thing is that Midnight has finally realized she either goes in the rain or she gets really uncomfortable :)

It seems like Savannah enjoyed her day. The three things she told me was that she made some art, played and that Mrs. Linda sat by her at lunch. She told her Aunt Carol Lynn that she also sat by Emma and Madison at lunch. So, all in all, that is a lot more than she has told me before, so she must have enjoyed it. Also, on another note, she was not nearly as tired coming home today as she was last year. I think the change from Zyrtec to Allegra has really made a big difference.

I hope everyone out this is dryer than we are. Enjoy walking outside without getting soaked for me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Savannah had a good day!! I have been thinking about her. Sorry that you guys have been having so much trouble with that lovely storm. We keep trying to stay informed with all of the storm details, but it is hard to keep informed up here. Take care and hope you find some dry weather!
Traci

Unknown said...

and, of course, now that school is cancelled today, the wind has died down a bit. still raining, but oh well. glad she had a great first day!!