Friday, August 22, 2008

Welcome to Sunny Florida

Well, we are going on 2 1/2 days of rain. But, we did actually get some rain free time this morning. However, it started up again in the afternoon. Savannah and I ventured out for some getting out of the house time. I was amazed at how much water there was all around us. I first saw it as we approached the golf course. Most of the surrounding areas were underwater. Then we turned the corner and the dog park was completely under water. The pavilions were filled up about half way. I couldn't believe how much water there was! The next major place was a the Duda grass farm. They now have two huge lakes. It is amazing! I was nice to get out of the house, though. I am thankful for the little bit of relief we received this morning but am definitely ready for some sun.

We headed down to the Disney area this weekend for some fun in the sun (hehe). We planned this trip about two months ago not realizing it would be raining a lot of the time. I am hoping that it will be a little less wet tomorrow so that we can at least let Savannah get into the pool. It sure would be nice if they had an indoor pool. Don't see many of those in Florida. As I watched the tourists walking all over the Downtown Disney area I couldn't help but wonder how I would feel if I came here for a wonderful week in the sun and had to ride out what has got to be the longest Tropical Storm in history. I imagine I would be a little fearful, especially if I had never been through this type of storm. I will have to say that the people I saw pretty much were grinning and bearing it. They were making the most out of what they were given. However, I know how hard it was to be stuck inside all day for many days with all of our items. I cannot imagine being stuck in a hotel!

No comments: