Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day




After spending the morning on Memorial Day at home relaxing, we decided we needed to get out and do something. It was a beautiful day, but not such a good one for the pool or beach so we decided, against what we thought was our better judgement, to go to Sea World. We were thrilled to discover that it was not that busy! I think everyone was next door at the new park Aquatica, their water park. We spent most of the time in the kids area. We had told Savannah we were not doing any shows because we were not going to be there and the shows end up being a lot of waiting. Savannah has wanted to ride this crab ride FOREVER. I truly thought she was not old enough. Of course, I didn't know if I was ok with her riding it, but I always said no because I really thought she was too short. So, while waiting for Brian and Savannah to finish riding on another ride, I walked over and realized she was in fact tall enough to go on the ride. It is basically a mini tower of terror, for those of you who are familiar with that ride. After standing in line for a while and watching it going up and down over and over, Savannah definitely seemed a bit nervous. She was holding Brian's hand with a very concentrated look on her face. If there was a little bubble above her head it would have read "what have I gotten myself into now!". It was really cute. However, about half way through the ride she was all smiles. She really enjoyed her first experience with this ride :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!! Bug loves that one too. Bird refused to go on it; clearly she doesn't remember riding similar rides all over the place last summer!!

Meme said...

Well, don't tell Savannah how Meme feels about amusement rides! I hope she continues to enjoy them, but I won't be able to go on them with her unless they are really easy-peasy!