Monday, May 19, 2008

No internet...

We have been without internet since my last post. I have felt like one of my hands was tied behind my back! I cannot believe how much I rely on the internet to keep in touch with friends, keep up with the world, check the weather, talk to Brian (via IM), and just, in general, survive. Ok, so maybe not that bad, but I really do miss the internet when it is gone. It is funny how quickly we start to rely on something. There was a day (gasp) when I didn't even have a computer, much less the internet. How did I get by? Can you remember no cell phones? How about microwaves? I can remember getting our first one. (Boy do I sound old!) It is amazing how much technology has grown in 20 years. DVD players, CDs, even VCRs (which are becoming a thing of the past). What comes to mind when you think of this topic? I know I can remember mom talking about her first TV. Now she has one in almost every room, and in more than one house! I wonder how many she has total? I know we have way more than we can use.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember no cell phones, but I do not remember no microwave!! I also remember a VCR as far back as I can remember (but my remembering is a little skewed; we had a satellite dish by the time i was 8; this sort of thing was my dad's hobby)