Thursday, April 17, 2008

Congrats



Congratulations to my Florida sister-in-law. Tonight was her ceremony to honor the Seminole County Teachers of the Year. She was named teacher of the year for her elementary school. It was a really nice ceremony. It is nice to know that there are people who still give honor to this profession. I think the words that touched me most were the letters that were read from students of teachers who were being honored. Some of the kids (well, adults in most cases) who wrote these letters had these teachers 20 years ago. Wow! To still be remembered that long ago! It reminds me of why I love teaching. I enjoyed getting to see some of my old teaching friends and realized that I definitely would like to go back to teaching in the school system. I am happy for my sister-in-law. She is a good teacher who works hard at what she does. She is one of those who gives the profession a good name :)

No comments: