Wednesday, April 9, 2008

MIA

So I have been MIA for a while. I can come up with all kinds of excuses, but, instead, I will catch you up on what we have been doing. Brian posted the picture of Savannah on her swing (as you can tell by the short post. I am a bit more wordy than he is :) ). She had a good time playing with her friend in the backyard that day. She jumped up on her swing and asked me to push her and, when I walked away, she kept right on going! It just seems to click and they have it. It is so nice once they can do it by themselves. She still cannot start on her own. I feel this is due to the fact that she basically is swinging with her upper body. If you watch her in the video, you will see she basically does not use her legs. So she does not have the leverage to get her going. However, it is nice to get her started and then be able to walk away. It keeps her busy while I am trying to make dinner or clean. She will swing for about 20 minutes straight and then come in to the house and tell me she is done exercising :)

Last week was Spring break. It was nice to be able to not have places to rush to every day. I was able to get some gym time of my own in, which was nice. We also visited the library. Apparently I went a little nuts one day putting books on hold because every other day I have a new book to pick up. Many of you know I love to read. A few years back I realized that I do not need to keep buying all of these books (I think we single-handedly kept Borders in business) because there is something called a library where I can check them out for free! There are a few authors I still purchase, but, for the most part, I now spend lots of time at the library website requesting books.

This past weekend was busy! We met up with some new friends at the park on Saturday, which was a lot of fun. Then, we heading home to meet up with an old friend who came to visit us from South Carolina for a few days. We had a lot of fun with her. On Sunday, we went bowling. We went to the Oviedo bowling alley for the first time. It was a lot of fun, but I have to day, I liked the Winter Park alley better. It was much more cozy and inviting. Savannah loves to bowl! Of course, she wants to do it herself. I was afraid she was going to throw the ball into someone else's lane. They have these neat things now (I have not bowled a lot lately, so they may not be that new) for little ones. They are bumpers that pop up just for them! They then pop back down when everyone else plays. The ones I remember from when I was younger had to be put down at the beginning of your game and everyone had to play with them on. So, that was nice. Although, I had to play a few rounds for her once and I determined that I do better with the bumpers up :) However, as a side note, I must mention that when we took her to the Winter Park alley a few weeks ago, there were people there getting married. I have to admit that it is not what I expected at a bowling alley. To each their own :) It got me wondering, where are all the different places you have heard of for people to get married? Enjoy these pics of us at the alley. I had to add the one of her "blow drying" her hair with the fan. It is so her :)







Anyway, Monday was back to school day for us. Savannah had a hard day, as did most of the kids. It is really hard to have time off. It seems to really mess up their little schedules. They do thrive on routine. We also threw in program practices for their upcoming program. That just complicated everything. On Tuesday we went to Sea World with our friend from SC. We had a lot of fun but boy was the park packed! There were people waiting in line for over an hour to go into the Shamu show. Of course, they still had another 40 minutes to wait once they got into the theater! I was thinking it was nuts to wait for that, but my friend reminded me that if you came all the way here to go to Sea World, you were probably coming to see Shamu. Boy how spoiled we are living here! We actually have passes so we can go any time. My thoughts are, I'll just come another time instead of waiting in that line! She was saying that she really realized how much we take all of the things we have here for granted when she moved to SC (from here). She was telling people she was going to Sea World and they were all "wow!". One thing that I think is really neat for the kids around here is getting to see the space shuttle take off. There are many people who will never get that chance. A lot of people will get to come to the theme parks but even most of them will never see the shuttle take off. How cool it is to live here :) (OK, so it is hot, but you know what I mean). Here are some pics from Sea World, including the big man, Shamu himself. We lucked out into hitting the stadium at just the right time to see the show. Although we waited for about 35 minutes in the stadium, we did NOT wait outside the stadium for over an hour. I mean, I can just come another time, right :)










Our friend left today. We were sad to see her go :( We miss having her and her husband here living by us. Tomorrow Brian's parents come into town for a week. We are looking forward to seeing them! They are coming down to see Savannah's program. She is very blessed to have grandparents who are willing to make the drive to come all the way here just to see her program. We wish we were able to see them more but feel lucky that we are able to work out getting to see them about four times a year.

Savannah is going to have a full house to see her on Friday. Brian and I will be there, her Meme and Grandpa, her Grammy and Papa, her Aunt, Uncle, and two cousins and possibly her Great Grandmother! She is definitely loved :)

That is what has been going on in our lives for the last week and a half. Hope everyone is doing well! Safe travels to Meme and Grandpa as they head out early tomorrow morning! We cannot wait to see you :)

No comments: