Sunday, March 30, 2008

Anyone for some Spam....

Saturday was a whirlwind day! It started at 5:55 am with Savannah screaming because she "couldn't see" from her room. I couldn't figure out what was going on (since she woke me up from a sound sleep) but I got up and walked on over to her room. Normally Savannah sleeps with a light on in her closet because she does not like the dark. I noticed that her room was dark so I tried to turn the hall light on, over and over and over again :) Mind you, I was still half asleep. Finally it dawned on me that the lights were out. So, I picked her up to calm her down and started walking around the house checking the doors and such. I guess it was just a really eerie feeling because it was so dark and quiet. As I was doing this, Brian's cell phone starts to ring. He finally got out of bed to answer it and it was our alarm company calling to say our alarm was going off. Hmmm...it was awful silent for an alarm to be going off. Anyway, Brian finally convinced them to call of the cops (they had sent them out to check on us) and we let Savannah sleep with us for the rest of the night, morning, whatever it was. (We normally never do this, but there was no way we were getting her to sleep in her room when it was pitch black). Anyway, this slowed us down that morning. We had a party to be at at 9:30. We did get there, but just a little late. Savannah's friend R was turning 3 and the party was Curious George. It was very cute. Here is a pic of her and two of her friends from the party dressed up like George.




After the party, Brian, Savannah and I ate lunch at Savannah's all time favorite, Tijuana Flats. If you have never been and you live by one, GO! It is yummy. Almost everyone I know who goes loves it. Then we were off to my nephews soccer game. We really enjoyed getting to see him play. This is probably his last season to play because he is heading to high school next year and will be busy with other interests. So, we really wanted to get to at least one game this season. He won! Which was an added treat. But boy was it hot our for those boys (and girls, which there were some on the opposing team). And, while I am at it, don't you think that they are a little old to be playing together on the same sports team? They are 14, for those who do not know. Maybe I am weird but it seems that they get to a certain age and they need to start being separated, for multiple reasons. Oh well! Just my two cents. We headed home from the game and Savannah actually let us rest for a while! I guess there is a first for everything. Brian and I then headed up to church to witness the baptism of our dear friends little boy. It is always a joyous event to watch parents commit themselves to raising their child in a Christian home, raising them to know God. Congratulations R.B.!



This leads of to the final event for the day:

As a birthday gift this year, I gave Brian tickets to see Spamalot. He has wanted to see it and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take him. So, when I gave him the tickets, he said "are you sure?" He didn't think I would like it that much. I am not really familiar with much of Monty Python's stuff. I can remember it being played at a party I went to in high school, but I do not think I really payed much attention to it. So, I must say, it was pretty funny. There were a few things that I didn't get, but Brian was saying he thought that if I was more familiar with their work, I probably would have been able to follow it better. However, all in all, it was definitely a humorous evening. There were people just belly laughing throughout the entire show. It was great to hear! You do not get too many opportunities to be in a large place with thousands of adults and hear them laugh so hard for so long. However, I had to wonder what some of the people there were thinking. I know that there are many people who just buy the season tickets to these shows every year. There was an older couple next to Brian who really looked out of place. I had to wonder what was running through their minds during some of the "skits". For those who love, like, or enjoy things that are a little bit different, I definitely recommend going to see this show!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy weekend. I hope you were able to rest on Sunday! We had talked about going to Sea World. SO SO glad we did not!!!

Unknown said...

still jealous you got to see Spamalot, but glad you had a great time!! :)