Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Easter Bunny Comes Early


At pre-school today Savannah got to participate in an Easter egg hunt. She had a blast! She was running all over the playground finding Easter eggs. Although the days are hard sometimes, I enjoy teaching at the preschool because I am so close to Savannah and am able to just pop outside and see what she is doing. She was also the special helper today, which meant she brought in snack for the entire class and got to share a book and a special toy. She took in a singing book (big surprise) and her "Cars" cars, as she calls them (from the movie Cars). The snack she picked out was a mix of goldfish crackers, goldfish pretzels, marshmallows and dried cranberries. Well, actually, she wanted to take marshmallows and cucumbers. I was able to talk her into something that I thought might mix better together :) . She enjoyed mixing it all together and then measuring out one cup each per child. As we approach Easter and all of the "bunny" activities, we are trying hard to remind her what Easter is all about. It is easier for her to understand that Christmas is Jesus' birthday, because she can relate to that. Easter has been a little harder for her to understand. It is always interesting to try to bring everything down to a level they can understand. Today, one of my four year old children was able to tell me that Easter is when Jesus died and then came to life again. There you go! Simple, but true. I think this is a good way to start learning about the importance of this sacred holiday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Cindy,
Welcome to the world of blogging!!
I understand what you mean about bringing it down to their level. we talk about Jesus having "boo-boos" and God healed them. She seems to understand that.

Sarah Rothell said...

I love reading everyday stories because it makes me feel like I'm not so far away!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy! Even though I see Savannah every week- this picture just made me realize how big our babies are getting. It just seems like yesterday we were in the Mommy & Me class.