Friday, March 14, 2008

Some Day My Prince Will Come


Today, before we headed out for the day, Savannah disappered for a while in her playroom. It got awfully quiet for a while and then she came out dressed like a princess. Well, a princess getting ready for a safari. If you look closely, you can see my straw hat hanging around her neck behind her, and, of course, her binoculars. She looked up at me and proceeded to tell me that she needed a prince. It was very funny :) So, I told her that she should take out her binoculars and search for one, hence the second picture. It was cute to watch her look all over for her prince.

Savannah decided to test my limits today with her why questions. After spending part of the day with a friend, we headed out to Target. I was going up and down the aisles, as I am prone to do there because you never know what you will find, and she decided to start asking "why" about everything. Goodness, I think I answered why about 30 times in a minute. There was a woman standing by and I couldn't help but overhear her chuckles. It amazes me the amount of different things she can ask why about! I just have to continue to remember she is learning the whole time. She has moved on to a new line of questioning, the "what happens if..." question. For instance, today she asked "what happens if we don't take a bath", "what happens if we do not eat", "what happens if we do not clean our clothes" and so on and so forth. I guess it is better than "why" though!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just remember that this is the child that you were worried her speech! :) Looks like she's all caught up now.

Cindy Hill said...

This is true :) She does still have some speech stuff she is working on but it sure does not slow her down!

Sarah Rothell said...

I can hear her asking those questions.....