Monday, March 31, 2008

Welcome to March in Florida...

Happy Birthday! Today is my brother's birthday. He has the week off to spend with his family because of Spring Break, so I am sure they had a wonderful day together. We celebrated his birthday with the family yesterday. It was a nice day, a little more overcast than we have been having, but Savannah still insisted she needed to get in the pool. So, Savannah, myself and my niece headed out with her (Daddy put his feet in and then promptly took off in the other direction, wimp!). I was surprised to see how much Savannah remembered from her swimming lessons last year. She definitely needs to continue on, but I was happy to see that she had actually made a little bit of progress since last year. She can now pop up breathe on her own almost the entire length (long way) across the pool! She definitely was not doing that last year. I imagine she is stronger now than she was last year. Savannah also swam, for the first time, without her "swim diapers". She was not really totally on board with this idea. Every time she put her suit on at home to run around in she would put a diaper on. We had to have a little bit of a talk about how she would not be wearing them anymore. She has been potty trained for quite some time now, but she is still deathly afraid of public bathrooms (although it is getting better). So, being her Aunt and Uncle's house, I am sure, helped out with the not wearing the diapers (not being a public bathroom). But, I have gotten rid of them all, so she is just going to have to suck it up. And, we will bring her potty seat to the public pool for when she needs to go there. After all, I am sort of scared of those bathrooms! They are LOUD! :) Oh, and another new addition is that she can touch the bottom of the pool in most of the "shallow" end. She is getting tall!


We also surprised my parents that night by telling them that we all have been planning a 50th anniversary party for them. Our original idea was to have the entire thing be a surprise, but then they kept making plans to go places, so we had to alter our surprise plans :) My sister-in-law put together a Save the Date card to send out to guests and we gave mom and dad the card. They were very surprised! Mom kept saying "What is this? What are you doing?". I hope they will enjoy the get together. It will be nice to see some friends from the past and also get together with some newer friends and celebrate 50 years of marriage! Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!



1 comment:

Sarah Rothell said...

Savannah is getting so big!! I can't wait to see her! And she is quite the swimmer!