Friday, March 28, 2008

Missing...

So I have noticed a pattern with my posting. I tend to go missing during the week. I need to try harder to update so that I do not keep ending up with a huge post like the one on Easter. We have started Spring Break here and the weather is beautiful! Yesterday was spent outback working more on the play set. I say that as if I was the one doing the work :) Mainly, I was the "go-for" for my dad. He finished the fence on the top platform and put in the two slides. He also attached the last board to the roof. So, we are almost done (there I go, taking credit). I also put her sand and water table under the platform so that she can play more with it. She seems to like it there!


So I went to the allergist yesterday for my six month follow-up and found out the my copay has gone up to $50! Goodness! I am starting to question whether I really need to be going to the allergist every 6 months. Having allergies is really not very cost efficient. The cost of the monthly medicine is ridiculous! Between Savannah and I we are filling 3 prescriptions a month, plus our two antihistamines, which are no longer prescription. Oh, and Brian takes one too, but his is much cheaper due to being able to take the generic brand. So, while at the doctor, they took my blood pressure. Why does an allergist need to know my blood pressure? Anyway, if you know me well, you know that my blood pressure always spikes at the doctor's office. I think is was 140/98. Pretty high, even for me. The only time I have had it higher was while I was pregnant. Anyway, they took it again at the end of the appointment and it was 131/88. It had already started going down, so they were happier with that. By the time I got home I bet is was already back to normal. I cannot seem to figure out the special formula to help me calm my nerves while at the doctor. They were not even going to be doing anything to me yesterday! Why so nervous? Actually, it isn't even seeing the doctor that makes me nervous, it is knowing that I will have to have by blood pressure taken while I am there. How ridiculous is that! So, I guess I will need to start taking up some yoga breathing exercises or something to help me out.


We have started trying some different methods with Savannah at dinner. Thanks for all the suggestions. She has four rules to follow and gets one warning if she breaks one of them. After that, she goes to her room while we finish dinner. For the most part, there has been improvement. I have tried to pay attention to what we are doing before hand so that I can see if there is any correlation to her behavior and how she is behaving. I really think the biggest issue is that Brian gets home at 6:00 or 6:15 and we go start to the table. I am thinking that she needs to have some time to play with him before we eat. I have tried the snack approach before but she ends up not eating at all when I give her a snack. She has had to go to her room both nights (we started this two days ago) but she did make improvements from one day to the next and I imagine it will take a few days before she really realizes we mean business. So, hopefully there is an enjoyable eating experience in our future!


That is about it for what is happening right now. We have a really busy weekend coming up, two birthday parties, a soccer game, and Spamelot (Brian can't wait).

4 comments:

Meme said...

Hello Cindy and Brian and Savannah,
The blood pressure thing is a concern for me too. With all the exercise and weight loss and medication I use, you'd think that my bp would be lower than it is. My exercise leader an WW said that I might need to restrict salt, especially hidden salt. Oh well.

bookworm17 said...

I wish that we were on Spring Break now too. It stinks that it is a week later. Everything here revolves around the Masters. I am looking forward to seeing you guys!! It is not looking good that Eric will be able to come. Enjoy Spamelot!

Anonymous said...

Cindy and Brian,
Sounds like Savannah knows the drill - now if it can be consistant without it being too punitive I really think you will begin to enjoy dinner as a family. Hope the conversation is good also. Tell Savannah that Great Aunt Judy is proud of her.
About blood pressure -- it is a funny thing. Mine is more like 117/68. I know that sounds low, but for one kidney that is how they like it. I think it helps to take it at home - and then you get used to if the high readings are really real. When Charlie and mine go up that is what we have to do to check on it. Nerves do play a lot with it , but it should come down if that is it.
We are still waiting for 2 baby foals in May.
Great Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

This sounds funny but while I was pregnant if I listen to Mark Harris on the way to the appointment my blood pressure was within reason (I spike while pregnant!!), if I did not listen my nurse would tell me to find my "happy place" before they would let me leave the office!
Thanks for including us in your busy weekend!! R had so much fun with her friends!